The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation seeks a representative to serve on the Utah Recreational Trails Advisory Council. An at-large representative is needed to represent the interests of each non-motorized trail participant statewide. Applications will be accepted through Aug. 14.

“URTAC provides recommendations to the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation and the Utah Board of Parks and Recreation on matters related to Utah’s Recreational Trails Program,” said Chris Haller, Recreational Trails Program administrator with the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation. “This includes reviewing requests for matching fiscal assistance for the Federal Highway Administration and other projects.”

The 10-member council consists of individuals representing the interests of hikers, bicyclist, equestrians, cross-country skiers, the Utah League of Cities and Towns, the Utah Association of Counties, one at-large member representing the interest of non-motorized trails participant in general, and federal agencies including the USDA Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service-Rivers, and the Trails and Conservation Assistance Program. Council members are appointed for a four-year term by the Utah State Parks Board.

More information and the application are available by emailing or calling (801) 349-0487.

Articles related to “Utah Division of Parks and Recreation seeks representative”

Entertainment schedule for CasaBlanca Resort and Virgin River Hotel

Call for vendors: Zion Canyon Arts & Crafts Fair

Utah Department of Natural Resources names Mike Fowlks Division of Wildlife Resources director